Yesterday, I added another year on earth. 24 years ago, we came down here to try and figure out why that sperm won.
Today, we’re here doing just about anything and everything to add on more years and see how far we can go with our lives.
As the norm is, I almost forgot to give y’all a few life lessons that this year has taught me. A few lessons that I’ve had to take in the hard and soft, bitter and sweet way. It’s purely the paradox of life that most of us are living and facing. At this point, nothing is really happening by mistake or coincidence. Everything is as a result of something that we may or may not know.
Some have blamed relatives, others have blamed their exes, some say they’ve never been those to drink from the bowl of luck and while others are simply out there being optimistic.
Here are my 24 lessons!
1. Life is short, live it to the fullest
2. Gratitude and Humility will forever take you places
3. Women too are trash
4. Keep Your Circle of friends small, surely you don’t need so many people in your life.
5. Ebtinu Byensi Tebikumalangamu
6. Live to please your soul, not the Internet
7. Stay away from Pessimists, you’ll give up all the time even before you start.
8. Most times, you’re actually on your own. You really need to stop thinking that all the time, someone will have your back
9. People actually move on, get used to to that!
10. Sometimes you really need to drink a cold glass of water and MIND YOUR BUSINESS
11. Share opportunities with your folks, don’t be a pussy. You won’t lose a leg or an organ
12. Sometimes you need to Learn, Unlearn and Relearn, it’s good for you!
13. Celebrate those small Wins always.
14. People are not showing you their losses, failures and hustles, don’t feel depressed fam
15. You can actually find love when you live your best life
16. Youth want Jobs, money and Sex, Period!
17. Eat your money the way you deem fit, it’s your money!
18. Don’t impose your opinions and advice on people. If they don’t want it, chill.
19. Guinness is the best human invention after pancakes
20. You’re not the only having sex with your bae, take a seat
21. We can be rich and poor at the same time, you just need to think more about it.
22. There’s no such thing as Youth Empowerment, you’re on your own if you’ve failed to utilize something called connections and relationships
23. It’s never really well, we’re just strong hearted youngins
24. We all have 24 Hours!
Youth comes but once in a lifetime. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow